Thursday, June 21, 2012

Show Update from Jay Smith

A final revision on the HG World timeline is complete with most of the show's history and its three written seasons and the Jill Woodbine story.  I needed to write it all out because, I've lost track of a few details in the three years of production.  (Fun Fact: To be legible, the timeline would have to be printed at 18" x 135") I listened to most of the episodes again, reviewed the scripts and took some notes for Season 2.  I wish I could show it to you, but there are a lot of spoilers from un-produced episodes and notes about Season 2.

I also received the first chapter of +Ayoub Khote's McInnes audio story which sounded excellent.  There's a file glitch he's correcting, but I'm loving it all so far.  I'm very pleased with the latest Jill Woodbine chapter where +Veronica Giguere actually beats the living shit out of one of the longest sentences I've ever written.  As the kids say, Like A Boss.  In reviewing Googies Chapter 5, I cannot stress enough how well +Jim Patton and +Bryan Lincoln  sell this story.  Jim's performance as Ken (old and young) has been nothing short of psychic.  In listening, you can tell not only how the show has improved with the addition of talented engineers, but how those talented engineers have improved over the episodes.  When HG World ends, you AD peoples should get ready to fight for this talent.  I've been incredibly lucky.

As far as the PARSECs go this year, we've decided not to submit a reel for consideration this year.  We think our material is good, but after reviewing the rules we think we have a strong case to revisit in 2013 when Woodbine, McInnes, and Googies are complete.  In 2014, we'll see how the final season of HGW resonates with judges.  Thanks to everyone who nominated us for believing in the show and supporting us.  We'll plan to hit DragonCon 2013 to buy whoever beats us a round of drinks.

I hope that you enjoy listening to to this show.  It may not be the greatest story ever written, but I believe it's a good show with memorable characters, mystery and horror in an action-driven theme.  Yeah, there are zombies in it, too.  I promise all these threads will make more sense in the end than "Lost". And Season 2 will begin and end with explosive action.  Everything will come together in the last season and you'll hear from Ken Peters, Jill Woodbine and some other lost voices.  I am saddened that I'll be culling the herd in this season as well.  I promise my actors good deaths...wait.  CHARACTERS. I promise their characters good deaths.

With Holden Smith working on the wiki to update the summaries and information there, I think listeners will find an easier time navigating the story.  If the show needs anything right now, it's someone to help with the social media and networking.  But you'd have to be a real fan to want to do that.   Know anyone?

+Michael Stokes  and Bryan are working hard on Googies Part 5 which will reunite listeners with some old United Nations friends and then the blood will start flowing dark and deep.  I hope you enjoy and thank you for sticking with us.

Part 2: Welcome to the Blog

I'm told we need to communicate more.  Facebook is an okay place to post, but I thought this might be a little more comfortable and roomy for us to have a conversation.  You may want to subscribe so that my irregular updates show up and I'd appreciate a little interaction.  We spend a lot of time putting together a free show for your consumption.  It would be a truckload of awesome to hear from you, your thoughts on the show and characters, where you listen and how...it helps us improve.  If you're not keen on some parts (or all of it) you're welcome to the booth, too.  It's just nice to hear more than the chime of "like" on Facebook and the occasional attaboy!

No comments:

Post a Comment